Are you a connector between business and IT? Are you intrigued by opportunities of data? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop a company’s technological backbone from the ground up? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
As the world around us is moving increasingly fast, the commercial real estate business has to keep up. Wereldhave is now more than ever aware of the changing customer and visitor dynamics and journey. In order to facilitate this ever-changing demand and deliver consumer and tenant propositions of the future, Wereldhave is investing in its technology capability. We are looking for a new Technology Manager who will help lead this change.
In the coming three years we are transitioning our current architecture and infrastructure into a new system stack that is fit for future demands of the business. Think about implementing B2B CRM, improving API Management and creating a plug-and-play-able system architecture, but also moving our infrastructure to the cloud. We are readying ourselves for the future.
For this we are looking for a Technology Manager to provide sound technical leadership on all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are fit for purpose and used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
This role reports into the CFO and leads Wereldhave's Technology department. The Technology Manager will have 5 direct reports managing front-end and back-end of the technology platform for the holding and three countries (Belgium, France and the Netherlands).
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and execute technical aspects of the company’s corporate strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Operate IT systems in a predictable, secure and efficient manner
- Manage the implementation of a recently developed IT Strategy which yields competitive advantage
- This includes a.o. Vendor Tendering, Implementation of CRM system, API Management, Data cube development, Migration to PowerBI, ERP disentanglement
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to secure necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Manages the selection and installation of IT staff and resources and ensures an effective implementation process
- Manages the IT team and IT operations and sets priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- Communicates project information through presentations, technical reports or white papers
- Manages a fit for future company's infrastructure (incl building business case for cloud infrastructure and potential migration)
- Manages all processes regarding systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery
- Manages the purchasing of all services, consultancy, software, hardware and other IT supplies. (including execution of vendor tendering process to find the best providers)
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate or propose business solutions
- Communicates and negotiates contracts with third party suppliers
- Ensures the security of ICT systems
- 7+ yrs in IT or marketing technology
- Proven track record in leadership position
- Proven experience as a head of Technology or similar leadership role
- Preferably with experiencee with Business IT alignment, architecture development, vendor selection, systems Implementation, cloud migration
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technology analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving attitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus